Friday, August 7, 2009

Champions Online - Man I hope this is improved CoX

So I'm going to pre-order the Champions online game and hope to be able to play open Beta soon. Man this game looks so cool, I LOOOOOVED the character creation of City of Heroes and Villains, nothing in any other game I played has been so great. You really could design the most awesome toons, and when a friend or two and I design together well we get an awesome themed team. So fun to play that way and so fun just to look at the epic powers you could use. In those games you really felt epic, you could wipe HUGE piles of enemies and travel powers made you feel well, powerful.

Anyway there was a lot done right and wrong in City of Villains and Heroes, here's hoping they take the good and improve, and take the bad out. Add some more variety to the pve, and make pvp actually work (if possible lol). I'm looking forward to this game a lot, not sure if I'm crazy like lifetime subscription looking though, but if open beta shows me the improvments I want I could see making this game permenant for me.

4 comments:

Tdubs036 said...

A lot of people are calling it city of heros 2.0 which is not a bad thing. I am looking forward to getting this and trying out the character creation tool - pretty impressive what you can do.

Also travel powers always = win in my book

***All Things Rob Wild*** said...

Played open beta a few days now, I must say it is everything I hoped it would be. Char creation is amazing and improved and now you can custom edit the powers too. I'm going to enjoy this game a lot.

Tdubs036 said...

It does look good, i am weighing up whether to get this or continue with lord of the rings online. Bit hard as CO looks great fun but i justed joined a nice Kinship in Lotr and i would not want to be a pain and leave them after only a month.

***All Things Rob Wild*** said...

I played Lotr for a while but then stopped, I'm sure its probably way better now. In any case good luck in your choice, I'll be playing CO for a little while and see how it goes, has great potential to keep me for a while but so do many games hehe.