Thursday, September 29, 2011

Diablo 3 - The Witch Doctor Commeth

Day 1 Diablo 3 I head out looking for some action. I create... a Witch Doctor. Here is my take on the class:
--Summons! Witch Doctor has a ton! By level 8 I could depending on spells selected toss out jars of spiders (4 at a time), piles of frogs (in packs of 3), a suicide zombie, 3 undead dogs, a and a bouncing haunting spirit to name a few. Made battleing the minions pretty easy as your crew was easily able to keep the enemies busy whiile you blasted away their lives.

--Cool utility! Witch Doctor has a fear, and a shaman summon that turns your foes into chicken. Also a pile of zombie hands that reaches out and snares enemies too. Later on he gets a confuse and even more goodies but this is what I was able to use so far. I think when you level up high enough you can actually decide whether to be a summoner type or more of a utilty mage type. At my lower levels and limited to only 3 active skills the summoner route was much easier to crush with. All in all I thought this was a super fun class. Really well done for pve and a lot of fun for dungeon crawling action. PvP is not yet enable and as a summon class I'm not sure if he would accel there. But he may far better than I imagine depending on how his utility skills stacked up.

Chilling by a fire of burning bodies, what better way to pass the time?  Oh you got an undead problem around here?  Wait till I head to your Inn and start spamming all my crap.  Well at least they won't try to eat you, unless you make me mad that is.


Boss Time! The skeleton King wasn't too tough with all my minions around. But he was pretty fun to fight. I think my follower got the last hit with his lightning spear, nice job dude.



For your enjoyment, exploding suicide zombie guts... yum.

No comments: